If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (909) 878-0302

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Homeowner's Insurance, What Do I Need?

12/12/2019 (Permalink)

We hope this never happens to you, but be prepared for the unknown!

Buying homeowners insurance can be overwhelming, here are a few shopping tips!

Standard homeowner's insurance includes coverage for damage from lightning, hail, fire and explosions.

  • Make sure you have enough coverage to rebuild your home completely, in today's market
  • Most policies have $100,000 in liability insurance, but experts recommend $300,000 so you would be covered in case of litigation
  • Shop around! When requesting quotes, make sure you ask for and receive pricing for the same coverage. This will make it easier to compare different companies.
  • Confirm that you are covered in the event of a wild fire
  • Know that the only earthquake damage covered under standard policies is for a fire resulting from an earthquake. Consider adding this to your plan. Know that there are improvements you can make to your home which will reduce the cost of this insurance
  • If you live in an area prone to flooding, be sure to purchase flood insurance
  • If you are not able to find a company who will insure your home, contact the California Fair Plan. Though their coverage is not as good as others, it is certainly better than no coverage at all

Other News

View Recent Posts