The snow has fallen in Big Bear! Here are 5 things that you should do to get ready for winter!
The snow has already started to fall in the Big Bear area. It may look pretty and be fun to play in, but it can also be pretty hazardous to your home or business.
Here are 5 things that you can do to your home or business to prepare for the colder and snowier weather.
- Insulate Your Windows - this will help keep the warm heat in and the cold heat out. This will help with heating costs by keeping those pesky air leaks away.
- Trim Those Tree Branches - As the snow falls, it will accumulate on the trees in your yard. This snow build up can get rather heavy causing the branches on the trees to break and fall on your home. Tree branch damage can get rather hefty.
- Inspect Your Fireplace/Heater - You need to make sure that all chimneys and vents are open and clear. You don’t want to cause smoke to back up into your building or for a fire to start due to build up from the previous years.
- Check Your Roof - Checking to make sure that your roof doesn’t have a leak saves you from possible nasty water leaks and ice dams from forming because of the heat in your house escaping from inside the building.
- Clear Out You Gutters And Downspouts - Leaving your gutters clogged up with the leaves from the previous fall could damage the foundation of your home as well as cause ice dams. You want to make sure that your gutters and downspouts are properly attached to your building.
Not making sure that your home or building isn’t properly set up for the winter, can leave you with a lot of damage done to the foundation, over all structure and to your wallet.
We can’t guarantee that these things won’t happen even if you follow these steps. But what we can guarantee is that we can help with the clean up and restoration!
Don’t hesitate to call us at 909-878-0302! SERVPRO of Big Bear / Lake Arrowhead / NE Cucamonga is available 24/7 to help with any problem, big or small!