Have to evacuate your home? Don’t leave the house without these things!
Flooding, Mudslides and Wildfires are just a few reasons why you might have to evacuate your home. Most of the time we are scrambling to remember things that we need to grab to take with us. It’s a stressful thing to go through, so we have created a list to help you remember some of the important things that you need to bring with you during an evacuation.
- Birth Certificates, Social Security Cards, License and Passports, Address Book
- House paperwork such as your Homeowner’s Policy, Lease, Insurance, Mortgage Documents, Loan Documents, Auto Policy, Life and Investment Files, Bank Records, etc.
- Prescription medication and over the counter medications like aspirin
- Clothes, for at least 3 days, for each person, expensive jewelry
- Toiletries like deodorant, toothbrushes, toothpaste, brushes, shaving supplies
- Photo albums, photo CDs, home movies etc.
- Cameras, computers (at least the hard drives), flash drives
- Pet in carriers, pet health records, food, water (remember that shelters only allow Service Animals so please try to make arrangements for your animals beforehand)
- Keys, purse, wallet, cell phones, chargers, credit cards
- If there is still room think about taking pillows and blankets in case you can’t get into a shelter right away
- If there is anything else that you have in your house that you think is valuable (make your own list of these items)
Before you leave your home make sure that all windows and doors are secured. Go around and unplug things like lamps and TVs. Turn off propane gas
Don’t come back to your home unless you are cleared to go back by an official. Trying to get home before could cause you harm.
When you are allowed to go back home, make sure you give us a call 24/7 at 909-878-0302! We will help with getting your home back to how it was before you left!