There Are MANY Causes of House Fires!
This blog is help make you aware of the many ways that fires start in houses so that you can take good care to remove these potential situations.
1. COOKING - Never put out a stove with water; use a lid or cover of some sort (a cookie sheet works well).
2. HEATING - Keep portable heaters away from flammable materials and change out
3. SMOKING IN BED (OR ON THE SOFA) - Just do not do it.
4. ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT, including frayed and overloaded extension cords and overloaded extension cords. (If they feel warm unplug them.)
5. CANDLES - Keep them away from the edge of tables and shelves and any place where they might get knocked over. Blow them out when you leave.
6. CURIOUS KIDS - Keep them away from matches and lighters, especially.
7. FAULTY WIRING that can overload your circuit box.
8. BARBECUES need to be kept 3 feet from any burnable materials. That includes what is under them.
9. FLAMMABLE LIQUIDS can catch fire all by themselves if left in an area that is hot or near flame