If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (909) 878-0302

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Yuk! My house smells so musty!

11/5/2018 (Permalink)

So often our mountain cabins are not used for several months and when we do open the door there is that horrid musty smell.

It is usually bacterial growth. 

CALL SERVPRO of Big Bear/ Lake Arrowhead/ NE Rancho Cucamonga and we will contain the growth area to keep the spores from spreading, use an air scrubber to remove spores from the air, and then after removing the bacteria we will spray with an antimicrobial to kill any remaining spores. If necessary we will encapsulate the area.

The common places that end up having bacterial growth are behind the refrigerator, under the kitchen and bathroom sinks, and near the water heater.

We want you to have a fresh smelling cabin and we will be there when ever you call!

Other News

View Recent Posts