Winter Energy Saving Tips
Here are some very practical suggestions for saving money on energy during the winter:
1. Heat your home by opening blinds and drapes on sunny days to allow the sun's rays in. This is FREE solar heating!
2. Close doors and vents to unused rooms.
3. Prevent heat from escaping your home by closing the chimney damper when not in use. Just be sure to re-open it when you start your next fire.
4. Replace incandescent bulbs with LEDs to lower you lighting cost. The bulbs are more expensive but the savings is significant.
5. Repair insulation, caulking, and weather stripping around you home to insure heat is not lost.
6. Insulate your water heater with an insulating cover recommended by the manufacturer.