Recent Posts

Fire Started By An Electric Candle

9/21/2017 (Permalink)

Fire Damage Fire Started By An Electric Candle Cabin Fire

Really! This really happened!

The owners of this weekend cabin accidentally left an electric candle on on their mantle when they left after a wonderful summer weekend in the mountains.

Next call they received was that their cabin was on fire and they better get up and see it.

We received the call from their insurance agent and we went right over.  The fire department was just finishing mopping up and we were getting prepared to do the board up of the doors and windows.

What a mess! Soot and water everywhere, blackened paneling, missing ceiling and roofing, smoke damage in all the rooms.

If you are so blessed to have a second home be sure that you leave it (and your main home) in a safe condition before you leave.  A second check on all things only takes a few minutes and could save you tons of heartache and thousands of dollars.

This is so GROSS!

9/20/2017 (Permalink)

Cleaning This is so GROSS! Grossly Filthy Carpet

We do carpet cleaning.

We have done lots of it in 30 years.

We have seen so many degrees of dirty carpets but his one wins the "Best Dirty Carpet Award."

If your home is rented out full or even part time then you really should consider having the carpets cleaned at least twice a year.  The cost is not that great when you consider it against the cost of new carpet.  And you deserve clean carpets in your own home, too!

Our highly trained technicians will come out and give you an estimate and are generally available right away to do a cleaning if you desire.  We use very advanced cleaning equipment.

If you should need the carpets to be dry for use in a short time we can use several air movers to dry it out more quickly.

Give us a call 909-878-0302.

Winter Is Coming!!

9/15/2017 (Permalink)

Storm Damage Winter Is Coming!! Bathroom Frozen Pipe Damage

Be prepared if you will not be in your home full time! It only takes a few minutes when you are leaving to follow these 4 simple steps to keep your home safe from a water loss.

* Leave your heater at 55 degrees

* Open the cabinet doors under your sinks

* Turn off your water supply

* Drain your water lines

If you forget to do these things you leave your home with the potential for a serious water damage loss.

Small, low water leaks can cause really big damages. You might not even see the damage because it will be in your walls or under your house.

We at SERVPRO Big Bear/Lake Arrowhead hope you have a wonderful Fall and Winter on our beautiful mountain!

Does your home smell musty?

9/14/2017 (Permalink)

Mold Remediation Does your home smell musty? Mold on drywall

So often our mountain cabins are not used for several months and when we do open the door there is that horrid musty smell.

It is usually bacterial growth. 

To properly remove the growth we will contain the growth area to keep the spores from spreading, use an air scrubber to remove spores from the air, and then after removing the bacteria we will spray with an antimicrobial to kill any remaining spores. 

The common places that end up having bacterial growth are behind the refrigerator, under the kitchen and bathroom sinks, and near the water heater.

If you are thinking of selling your home it will sell much faster if it does not have the musty smell.

Bacterial growth can be a serious hazard for some people.  Take care of removing it as soon as you can.

Facebook Page

9/14/2017 (Permalink)

Our new Facebook page is up and running:

SERVPRO of Big Bear/ Lake Arrowhead/ NE Rancho Cucamonga

Please visit us and give us your 'like,' and 'share' our page with others, too!

We are excited to be here and available quickly for your mountain home emergency needs. 

Our staff all live on the mountain! Our vehicles are all 4 wheel drive! Our staff knows how to drive in the winter conditions! We are READY every day of the year, twenty-four hours a day.

We enjoy being active in our community organizations and developing relationships with them. 

We add posts to our website every weekday and we would love have you respond and let us know the issues that might be of importance to you.

How can we tell if your house has dried out after a water loss?

9/13/2017 (Permalink)

Water Damage How can we tell if your house has dried out after a water loss? Moisture Meter

We use very specific equipment.

Our tools are state of the art and used industry wide.

For moisture testing we use a moisture meter that is highly accurate. 

We can hold it up to a material or even put probes into the material to check for the proper amount of moisture. (Wood and concrete are hardly ever 100% free of moisture.) 

We then place the proper amount of drying equipment into position (blowers and dehumidifiers). We come back everyday and test until the moisture meter says that we have reached the correct moisture level.

When the tested areas are dried to the correct level we remove the drying equipment.

You can trust us to leave your home as dry it needs to be and to get it ready for the replacement of the materials that were removed.

Hwy 18 Artic Circle CLOSED in October

9/13/2017 (Permalink)

Community Hwy 18 Artic Circle CLOSED in October View of fog in the Big Bear Valley from the Artic Circle

Caltrans has been getting the word out that they will be closing the Artic Circle portion of Hwy 18 to be cleaned and prepared for the winter months.

The road will be CLOSED from Snow Valley to the Big Bear Dam, Monday - Thursday, 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM from October 2 - 26.

Be sure to add extra time to get down the hill if you are in the Big Bear area.  You will need to go north through Lucerne Valley or south through Redlands.

We all realize that this will mean extra planning and time on the road, but we also know how necessary the cleaning up of this portion of our road is.

Blessings to the CalTrans workers that keep our roads in good condition.